I will keep this short and sweet, because is there anything worse than trying to find a recipe and having to read a life story before you get to the goods? I was challenged to make a dish using a lot of dairy – I think I succeeded, and it was amazing!
What you’ll need:
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 16 oz noodles of your choice
- 1.5 jars pasta sauce
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- garlic powder
- 9×13 pan
How to make this simple pasta bake:
- Brown the ground beef and mix in a jar of pasta sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. (I didn’t measure, just seasoned to taste!)
- Set that aside and start cooking your noodles.
- While those are cooking, mix together the cottage cheese, sour cream, and cream cheese in a bowl.
- Once noodles are cooked and drained, grab your 9×13 pan and pour half the noodles in.
- Pour half the meat sauce mixture over the noodles.
- Next put the whole cheese mixture on top of that.
- Layer the rest of the noodles.
- Then the rest of the meat sauce.
- I added another half jar of sauce over that because I personally don’t like “dry” bakes.
- Top that baby with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese and pop it in the oven for about 30 minutes (or until your child is screaming of hunger) at 350°F.
That’s it! Easy and delicious. We finished the meal with sweet corn, garlic bread, and a glass of milk! We call that #dishingupdairy!
Let me know if you make it or how you customize it to your family!